|About Contact | The Hill Times Embassy|
Dairy Farmers of Canada (DFC) is the national policy, lobbying and promotional organization representing Canada’s farmers living on more than 12,500 dairy farms. We are currently seeking a Manager, Government Relations to join our team based in Ottawa.
As Manager, Government Relations, you will be accountable for organizing and providing comprehensive, timely and professional advice and support in government relations to members, senior management, staff and stakeholders across DFC. This includes the development and execution of Government Relations plans and tactics.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Government Relations, you will:
• Advise on government relations strategy and tactics.
• Attend management and other meetings across DFC as required to keep abreast of issues that may have government relations-related implications. Develop a comprehensive understanding of DFC’s programs, objectives and issues in order to provide value added and relevant government relations advice and support.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to identify their government relations priorities and needs.
• Develop appropriate government relations strategies and plans that are aligned with the stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
• Monitor and analyse parliamentary and political developments, at the federal and provincial levels, that could potentially affect the interests of DFC and its members. Prepare regular reports on trends and developments for the Board of Directors and senior management.
• Develop and maintain appropriate on-going working relationships with staff in MP and Senators offices.
You’re an ideal candidate if you hold a degree in political science, public relations or other related field, combined with 5 to 10 years of professional experience in government relations, including experience on the Hill. Knowledge of the Canadian political system is a must, combined with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in French and English. As the in-house lobbyist, you must ensure DFC complies with the Lobbyist Code of Conduct and ensure all reporting requirements are met. You must also be client service oriented and able to handle multiple issues under time and resource pressures.
This is a full-time permanent position, which offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary. If you’re interested in joining the DFC team, please send your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 4 p.m. on May 19, 2015.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.
The Hill Times and Embassy are any insider's most eagerly-awaited independent newsweeklies. We are the voice of Canadian politics.
The Hill Times and Embassy have a unique and distinct readership: federal legislators who shape national policy and annual federal spending.
The core readers of The Hill Times and Embassy newsweeklies are federal and provincial politicians, bureaucrats, media, opinion leaders and official Ottawa as well as, boards, agencies, associations, lawyers, lobbyists, corporate decision-makers, and educators.
The Hill Times increasingly has more and more readers across the country who influence and shape public opinion.
In addition, Embassy targets a further readership group including the foreign diplomatic, trade, and consular communities across Canada and around the world and is increasingly being read by selected corporate officers, a variety of NGOs, and officials at the European Union.
Our influential readers determine Canada's employment and environmental standards. They research, advise, pass, and enforce federal regulations and bills and by doing so profoundly affect all Canadians.
As an advertiser, The Hill Times on Monday and Embassy newsweekly on Wednesday allow you a proven and effective vehicle to reach into the most powerful readership in Canada.